Tuesday 23 August 2016

Pre-Orders, Book Clubs, Hp Predictions, and More:

OMG I just realised that I haven't posted in 10 days... This calls for an emergency post!!! ;) I'm really really sorry guys that I haven't posted in a while but I honestly haven't finished any books right now. But I do want to talk about some bookish things and make some predictions about my current read: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Okay so first things first I obviously have to mention a few bookish things before I get into my Harry Potter discussion.

So first of all I just wanted to make a shout out to two books I'm super excited for and will be pre-ordering today from Indigo and how great it works out. Plus how excited I am for the release of EMPIRE OF STORMS in exactly two weeks on September 6th, 2016. As you probably already know I absolutely love Sarah J. Maas and can't help but be super excited for any book that she releases, even if it's not Acotar 3. Empire of storms is the 5th book in the Throne of Glass series, which is my #1 favourite series (not trilogy, cause that would be Acotar). It really is a super awesome series, who's characters I absolutely love (except for maybe Chaol and Manon currently). Sarah J. Maas, the author, is having a pre-order campaign, that I am planning to enter to get a Throne of Glass notebook. It all works out super well because drumroll please .....
28260587             18584855
I'm pre-ordering Heartless by Marissa Meyer too! I know it comes out November 8th, 2016 but if you read my Indigo posts you know how annoying it is when you only get free shipping if you spend over 25$ but most books I order are only 20$. I solved this problem because Heartless by some lucky chance is currently on sale for 13.99$ when it's usually 27.99$ so I got super excited. So altogether it would be 34.84$ which is definitely over 25$ so it's free shipping and instead of some random 5$ book I get HEARTLESS for 9$ more. But what makes this all possible is that if you pay with visa you get 15% off for a limited time, so I'm obvi doing that. I'm super excited for all these coincidences and also to get the EOS notebook!
(*Edit: Turns out it's not so great because since it's free shipping so you get both books in November when Heartless comes out, but I talked to the very nice customer service people about it and explained that I didn't know and I should get EOS sometime in September, hopefully when it comes out. But I did pre-order it and I also entered Sarah's pre-order campaign. Excited for the notebook!)
So moving on to the next bookish thing; How I have a lot of books I really really want to read as soon as I finish the Harry Potter Series. So obviously I will now end with The Cursed Child instead of the Deathly Hollows, and that gives me even more books to complete but I have a very long tbr list that include a few arcs (that I have generously received from NetGalley, thank you so much, but have absolutely no time right now to read, I feel super bad :( ) But there is one book I really want to read, like asap; A Shadow Bright and Burning. I requested it but haven't gotten a response in a month, but it's okay, waiting is better than getting declined. I also recently purchased a bargain book from Indigo that I've had my eye on for a while to complete my EOS pre-order but then it got sold out online but was still available in stores. So I just had to get it! It's From Ashes by Molly McAdams, the synopsis really intrigued me and I really wanted it so I ended up going to go get it. Especially since it was only 5$ and a great deal, because it's usually a lot more, and it was also somewhat on my way when I went back to school shopping. I posted a picture of it on my insta page so if you want you can go check it out, @goldstormbooks. Sorry about my not so great artistical factor, I am very new to bookstagram and will hopefully get a lot better as the years go by. Oo and I almost forgot to mention that I keep seeing the coolest things on bookstagram; the book scented candles especially. THERE IS A RHYSAND scented candle!!! I saw it and I had to get it but they were sold out, so obviously I was very upset. But I also really really want a booky pillow/case, as I do not have one yet and I saw one at Indigo when I was buying From Ashes. It said "Read, Sleep, Dream, Repeat" and it was soo cute but 30$ and I was like; "should I get it... (debating), nah, I don't want to be broke again. Maybe in the future..."
             23203252

So another book I wanted to mention having to read, although not for the same reasons, is Hold Fast by Kevin Major. I'm not very interested in this book at all and hopefully in the future we get better books. But as you probably guessed this is the August book club book. I am probably going to have to put Harry Potter 5 on hold because I really need to read this book and I don't really want to at all. But for you guys I sacrifice... I also wanted to tell you guys that we had a discussion at our last book club meeting and we were told that we can recommend books for our next meetings. I recommended We were liars, because I haven't read it but heard it was good, and my friend recommended the Lovely Bones and I'm excited for that too. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them in the comments, and hopefully we get newer and better books to read in the future.

But all in all I wanted to mention my next direct reads (asap tbr) right here. So obviously the rest of the HP series, Hold Fast, Anna and the French Kiss, From Ashes, Empire of Storms, The Sea of Tranquility, This is What Goodbye looks like, Put it out there, You before anybody else, The Romantics, and Girls like me. So basically a lot of arcs, a book club book, and Anna and the French Kiss. And obviously no matter what I'm reading it will have to wait as soon as Empire of Storms arrives. And Goodreads just had an ad for Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare and I realised I really need to read that too, because I read all of Cassie's other series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, and loved them. But for some reason I completely forgot about The Dark Artifices. I guess I though Cassie was done, or I just got side tracked with all of Sarah's books... lmao

Now for some quick HP #5 predictions because I didn't realise just how much I had to say about booky stuff (I feel like I just always go off topic, aha): 
2- Harry and Cho better get together
- Lord Voldemort has to show up and prove that Harry was telling the truth
- Umbridge is gonna be even bitchier to Harry
- Harry's secret meeting are going to be very successful until Umbridge figures it out
- Sirius is going to come to Hogwarts sometime soon (or close by again)
- Lucius & Malfoy are going to do more evil things
- Hermione and Ron will get together
- Harry will somehow get back on the Quidditch team
- The Twins will plan to get revenge on Umbridge
- Harry will get expelled or suspended but not actually by Umbridge
(Btw: I HATE Umbridge, sooo much.)

Oh I wanted to mention that I am now on the 4th season of Gossip Girl, so almost done! :) And I also wanted to say how much I wanted to go to the San Diego Comic Con, because almost all of my favourite authors and most anticipated books were there. But first I have no idea how to get in, do u need an invite? And second I don't live in the U.S. so it would be really hard to get there... *sigh* but maybe next year...

That about sums up everything I have to say/update you guys on. Thank you so much for reading my blog as always. I know I'm just starting out and I'm probably going to regret at least something sometime in the future, but it's okay. I'll learn, get better, and hopefully get more comments! ;)
- Luv you guys Kat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment