Thursday 1 September 2016

NEWS! New Book Shelf + New Books:

Hey Guys! I just wanted to let you know about some very exciting and new things that are happening in my book universe! Lmao... *excited smile*

The first thing is that I am officially getting a new book shelf. Right now I have like 3 separate piles next to my bed of books and they're starting to get way too high. So obviously it's way past the time to get a new book shelf. I had one before but first of all it's sooo ugly (*wince at hard truth*), second of all it was wood coloured and old, and third of all it was crammed with all my elementary school books that I haven't touched in like 8 years, no joke. So today my best friend came over and helped me organise and sort all the books for donation to different places and libraries.
And the second piece of exciting news is that I got a whole ton of new books recently. I also pre-ordered Heartless and Empire of storms, but more on that later. I actually recently discovered and amazing way to get books for cheap. At my nearby libraries a most of the bigger ones have book sale rooms and there they hold soooo many books. You're always bound to find something interesting. And the best part is that the paperbacks are only 25 cents, and the hard copies a dollar. So obviously I walked into one library and walked out with 5 books and the next day a different library with 6. Some of the highlights of my haul are; Something Borrowed, Something Blue,  Twilight, Matched, and Uglies. These are all books I read and really liked, and I bought them each for only .25$ so it's great. I also picked up a few other books that looked pretty interesting. I got a lot of these books books to fill up my soon to be bookshelf and just to take with me on vacation for some interesting reads. I might go to Panama in December and I'm super exciting. I also wanted to add that I already have so many books that I had before, and also a lot of books and arcs I got for free. Sadly, I haven't had to time to read a lot of them but I am really looking forward to reading my The Lovely Reckless, Girls Like Me and The Love that Split the World arcs. :)

Image result for this is what goodbye looks likeAlso I'm currently reading an Arc that I received from Netgalley, called This is What Goodbye Looks Like, and it's amazing! I honestly can't put it down! I haven't finished it yet but when I'm done which will probably be very soon I'll definitely have a review up, and a very positive one too! :) Another thing related to Netgalley is that I recently got an email from Fierce Reads and it said that Heartless now has a pre-order campaign as well, yay, to get a magnetic Heartless bookmark. Honestly I already pre-ordered the book so this is amazing for me and I'd really love to actual receive the item this time. Last time I pre-ordered Winter and I was supposed to get Winter touch screen gloves and tattoos but I only received the tattoos and like 3 months later. *sigh* But what can you do... But that's not the actually thing related to Netgalley, lmao, in that email it also said that 25 randomly selected people who wish for Heartless, which is now on Netgalley, will receive an arc. Even though I already pre-ordered it, I desperately want an Arc of it and have wanted one for like 4 months now. I even went as far as to email the publicist, but no luck. It's okay at least now I have a shot, but judging from the 385 people who liked the cover it's probably not going to be me, it never is... :( But it's okay I can still hope...
      
Oooo I almost forgot to mention that there is another upcoming library event which I am super excited for this Saturday the 3rd. It's an end of summer, before school starts party escape room library party!!! There was one like it last year in October and it was super fun! This party is actually to celebrate the end of the teen summer reading challenge which was to read as many pages as you can. I kept track and read 2197 pages this summer. It's not that much but it's mainly just the long Harry Potter books, lol. Anyways, I can't believe I totally forgot to write about this like ever this summer, but there is a reading challenge that I entered. Each week you have to enter how many pages from which books you have read that week and you get a ballot each week you enter pages. Then at the end of summer there is a party, we voted for which type to have and escape room won, where they draw a winner to receive, this year, a go pro. And I have wanted a go pro for a summer long time so I hope I win but it's okay if I don't.
  
For now I'm still super excited about my soon to be amazing new book shelf! That I'll make sure to post lots about when I finally decide what kind I want, and get it. :) As well as all my new books, arcs, and hopefully new booky things like candles and funko pop book characters (lol, mainly Harry Potter). I'm especially excited to hopefully order all those Rhysand and Acomaf candles I keep seeing and super wanting when they become available again! That's about all I have to say for now but hopefully you'll hear from me again soon about my book shelf and the library escape room! Thank you so much for reading! <3     - Kat Hearts
Image result for rhysand candlesImage result for rhysand candlesImage result for rhysand candles
Image result for harry potter funko pop (Cuteness!!! Am I right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment