Tuesday 12 July 2016

Tbr list for July & August 2016:

Here is my to be read list for July. I might take a while reading all these books so I think I might have to extend this list to August too.  Another big commitment I'm making this summer is to read the entire Harry Potter Series for the first time. Yes I know I have't read it yet, shame, but I am reading it now so sorry but don't complain. ;)  Honestly I started the series in I think grade 4 or something and I read the first book and half of the second and then I got either bored or scared and sadly stopped. I really wish I didn't though because reading it now firstly, IT'S SOOOO GOOD! And Secondly I probably would've liked it more and been able to relate with it more when I was younger. As it is a more middle school aimed book. Anyways getting to my tbr list....

#1-4 is obviously as I mentioned the Harry Potter Series. So far I have read the first two and am reading the third currently. (Average Goodreads rating: 4.47/5)
Written by: J. K. Rowling
Published by: Scholastic Press in the United States and by Bloomsbury in the United Kingdom

#5 Anna and the French Kiss
Written by: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Dutton Juvenile
(I have wanted to read this book/trilogy for a while now and I have only heard good things about it) (Goodreads rating: 4.11/5)
6936382

#6 Girls Like Me
Written by: Lola St.Vil
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers
(I received a paperback Arc of this book and after reading the synopsis I was very interested. I love books that are about normal life in high school, and then bam and they're Cinderella. Aha not quite. But after reading the synopsis, this book somewhat reminded me of a mix between A Cinderella Story, which I loved, the one with Hilary Duff? Yup that's the one, and like a diary or one of those advice column books. Also a lot of it is written in texts which is a form of writing I just love! Btw: This Book comes out October 4th 2016)
28114572

#7 The Book Thief
Written by: Markus Zusak
Pulished by: Knopf Books for Young Readers
(I had to write an essay on this book for school but I never finished it as I am pretty bad at reading books I actually want to read for school. I'm actually pretty good at reading books I have to read. Aha the irony... I had to watch the movie to know how it ends but I am planning to finish this book asap as I actually bought it and because it was pretty good.) (Goodreads rating: 4.35/5)
19063

#8 The Sea of Tranquility
Written by: Katja Millay
Published by: Atria Books
(One of my friends highly recommended this book to me) (Goodreads rating: 4.37/5)
16151178

#9 The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy
Written by: Douglas Adams
Published by: Del Rey Books
(Yes I know, I haven't read it yet but see I'm getting to it....) (Goodreads rating: 4.20/5)
11

#10 and last but not least Love Rosie
Written by: Cecelia Ahern
Published by: Hachette Books
(This book was actually adapted into a movie in 2014 and that is how I found out about it. It is an emotional and heartbreakingly sweet romance and stars Sam Claflin (Finnick Odair) , who I absolutely love in everything; which is why it originally caught my eye. I have wanted to read this book ever since I saw the amazing movie, I highly recommend but it does include one R rated scene... Fun fact: The original title of this book was Where Rainbows End)   (Goodreads rating: 3.95/5)
147865

*(Fun Fact #2: Sam Claflin recently (2016) stared in another book to movie adaptation which was pretty good as well; Me Before You. I recommend you see both as they are both emotional and very well played on Sam's part. ;) )

That about sums up my long tbr book list :)
Thank you all for bearing with me, enjoy, comment and ....

What are YOU planning to read over the summer? 

(Answer in the comments below, I'd love to hear all about it)

- With love Kat Hearts <3

No comments:

Post a Comment